Is Lilly Pulitzer Basic??

by Bobbi Jayne Vitale



Before you send the mob on me, please hear me out. I am a self proclaimed Lilly Pulitizer lover. I love the beautiful prints and vibrant colors. Who doesn’t? Back in the day, if you walked into a room and were wearing a Lilly P dress you stood out. Now, look around, someone else in the room is wearing Lilly. It is no longer the standout it once was. Don’t get me wrong, I have a closet full of the clothes and I love every piece. I shop the After Party Sale just like every other girl, and grab it up if I see it at TJ Maxx or a consignment shop. But, now when I want to stand out in a crowd I don’t reach for my Lilly pieces. 


At a baby shower, and everyone is in Lilly. I’m actually shocked that no one was wearing the same print.


Last week while I was watching the FB Live show, Teal Turtle Boutique owner, Allison Nelson said something that made my ears perk up. She said, “we don’t buy too many of each piece because we don’t want you matching everyone else in town.” This is one of the main reasons I love Teal Turtle. I know I can go in and grab something that I am not only going to feel comfortable in, but also stand out and not match everyone else in the room. Isn’t that what we want, to be original? That’s one of my worst fears(not really, but you get what I mean), walking into a room and someone else is wearing the same clothes as me. 


I had on the same blue dress 5 minutes before I walked out the door for this Junior League ceremony. Wouldn’t that have been cute, same dress??


Do yourself a huge favor and go pick out something cute, adorable, comfortable, and original at Teal Turtle. As you can see from my pictures below, I need to take my own advice. You won’t regret it and you won’t be basic!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect Dresses for any Occasion at the Perfect Price!

Personalized Shopping Experience